Vins Hodgson "Les Aussigouins" VDF 2014
In Stock. Vins Hodgson "Les Aussigouins" VDF 2014
Some wines are produced in such tiny quantities that they hardly make a blip on the radar of the wine world. Since most people will never be able to find them, It’s not “worth the time” for national importers and wine critics to pay attention.But these are exactly the wines that wine lovers search out — and Vins Hodgson's extraordinary Chenin Blanc cuvées have attracted a considerable buzz in New York, Paris, and yes..Japan.
Today is the first (and last?) opportunity to pick up the 2014 Chenin Blanc “Les Aussigouins” from Mai and Kenji Hodgson. Les Aussigouins is their top cuvée from a single old-vine parcel of Chenin Blanc located on the schist soils of Montbenault in the Loire Valley. They took over the vineyard in 2013, and produced a mere 175 cases for the first release from the 2014 harvest.
Aged one year in barrels, with a small amount of new wood, then bottled unfiltered and sans soufre, the wine is a masterful balance of minerality, tension, and grace, and opens a new chapter for Mai and Kenji. Originally hailing from Vancouver, they moved to the Loire Valley in 2009 with minimal winemaking experience but maximum passion for the natural wines of the Loire Valley that they had tasted in Canada. Settling in the area without any contacts but with a fiercely pure vision of what they wanted to do, they managed to keep company with the best—working harvest with Mark Angeli, and getting advice from Olivier Cousin and Claude Courtois before making their own first harvest in 2010.
Kenji says that making Les Aussigouins opened up “a new potential” for the domaine to take Chenin Blanc a little further, to take it to the next level. 2014 is only the beginning, but it’s one that you do not want to miss.
Region: Anjou (wine is VDF, Mai & Kenji eschew the AOC system)
Varietal: Chenin Blanc
Alc % by Vol: 13%
Drink: Now through 2018
Pair with: A Curry
In stock wines will ship out within 1 business day.
Our warehouse will send you an email with a tracking number before they are shipped, so you can manage your delivery window.
Please note that an adult over 21 years old must be present to sign for your wines. We cannot cover any reshipping fees.
For Pre-Arrival Wines, here is our estimated shipping schedule:
Spring pre-arrivals land in the early spring (Mid-to-end-of- March 2016).
Summer pre-arrivals land in the early summer (June 2016)
Fall pre-arrivals land in the early fall (October 2016)
Where do we ship?
U.S. : We currently ship to AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, LA, MA, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY. This list is subject to change at any time.
World: We typically deliver to France within 1-4 weeks after an order is placed. For other countries, please contact us for a quote and expected delivery time.
How do we ship?
- For pre-arrival wines, we ship three times a year via ocean freight. Orders placed February to April will be delivered during the summer shipping season (June), and orders placed May-September will ship in the fall (October), Orders placed October-January will ship in the Spring. We are happy to offer temperature or vacation holds, and will always notify you before the wine ships.
- Wines listed as "In stock" will be shipped out within 2 business days of an order being placed.
All of our supply chain is temperature-controlled and we use a transporter specialized in wine shipping.
Free shipping guidelines:
- Free shipping applies to all orders over $199, or as specified as part of a special online offer.
- Minimum order to ship pre-arrival wines: $199.
For orders over $200 that include both pre-arrival wines and in stock wines :
If the value of the in stock wines is below the minimum order quantity for free shipping (or $200), standard shipping rates will apply. Alternatively, wines can be held until pre-arrival wines arrive to ship for free.
For questions about shipping or for help placing an order, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchaser and recipient must be over the age of 21 to purchase alcohol.
- An adult 21 years or older must be available to sign for the order upon delivery.
- When your wines are ready to be dispatched from our warehouse in California we will write to confirm your shipping address.
- It is highly recommended that you provide us with a business shipping address for best service.
- Delivery can only be made to an address where an individual at least 21 years old can sign for the shipment during regular business hours.
If you cannot receive your package and it is returned, please note that we cannot cover any re-shipping charges.
Cancellation and Return Policy
- We want you to love the wines your order from us and look forward to wine shipping season. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please contact us.
- A 15% cancellation/processing fee will be applied to all orders cancelled by the customer.
- Please note that we are unable to accept returns. If you are unhappy with your wine for any reason, please contact us.
Note that wine over 10 years old is not guaranteed in any way.
Have a question? e-mail email@example.com with any questions or concerns!
All wines are sold by Paris Wine Company SARL, 7 rue du Général Guilhem, 75011 Paris France
- Made with Integrity
- Compelling and Memorable