Valentin Morel Côtes du Jura Rosé "Pontots Mêlés"
In stock. Ships within one business day. Free U.S. shipping on orders over $199.
This year, we’ve been able to introduce you to some incredible new producers in France. Offers from folks like Yann Bertrand in the Beaujolais and Etienne Calsac in Champange have helped them sell all of their entire year’s production in record time. There truly is a revolution today in French winemaking, and tasting the Jura wines from Valentin Morel confirms this in spades. For the first-ever U.S. offer of Valentin's wines, we're bringing you his truly exceptional old-vine, biodynamic Rosé at an unbeatable price.
2014 is Valentin’s first harvest. After leaving the family domaine to practice international law (nobody’s perfect), Valentin decided to return to the family domaine in Poligny, but under the condition that he could do things his way. After a stint in Alsace learning from biodynamic farming guru Patrick Meyer, he immediately plunged into the deep end of natural winemaking. He took complete control of the domaine (even his dad who started the winery is now an employee!), and converted all vines to biodynamic farming.
Inspired by the teachings of Masanobu Fukuoka (look him up), Valentin took one step further and began an ambitious project to eliminate plowing, and rely solely on complementary cover crops planted amongst the vines to establish a healthy ecosystem in his terroir.
Basically, he is a total bad-ass forging his own style that goes from the vineyard to the bottle.
The 2014 Rose comes from a single old-vine parcel called Les Pontots, which was planted before 1945 with at least 8 different grape varieties. Of course, there are the five Jurassian grapes Poulsard, Trousseau, Savagnin, Chardonnay, and Pinot Noir, but there are also varieties like Enfariné, Noa, Beclan, and others that he hasn’t yet been able to identify – and all of these are no longer allowed to be planted in the appellation!
It’s a solidly complex rosé with a spicy watermelon candy nose, great acidity, and will certainly improve over the next year or two as it gains some complexity.
With only 1,000 bottles produced, we managed to fight off the Japanese and Danish importers to secure the rest of the 2014 for you. If you want to discover the next generation of great producers in the Jura, this is a mighty fine place to start.
Varietals : Poulsard, Trousseau, Savagnin, Chardonnay, and Pinot Noir, but there are also varieties like Enfariné, Noa, Beclan,
Vine age: 70+ years
Alc % : 11.2%
When to serve : now through 2017
Serve at: 5-8°C (41°F - 46°F)
In stock wines will ship out within 1 business day.
Our warehouse will send you an email with a tracking number before they are shipped, so you can manage your delivery window.
Please note that an adult over 21 years old must be present to sign for your wines. We cannot cover any reshipping fees.
For Pre-Arrival Wines, here is our estimated shipping schedule:
Spring pre-arrivals land in the early spring (Mid-to-end-of- March 2016).
Summer pre-arrivals land in the early summer (June 2016)
Fall pre-arrivals land in the early fall (October 2016)
Where do we ship?
U.S. : We currently ship to AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, LA, MA, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY. This list is subject to change at any time.
World: We typically deliver to France within 1-4 weeks after an order is placed. For other countries, please contact us for a quote and expected delivery time.
How do we ship?
- For pre-arrival wines, we ship three times a year via ocean freight. Orders placed February to April will be delivered during the summer shipping season (June), and orders placed May-September will ship in the fall (October), Orders placed October-January will ship in the Spring. We are happy to offer temperature or vacation holds, and will always notify you before the wine ships.
- Wines listed as "In stock" will be shipped out within 2 business days of an order being placed.
All of our supply chain is temperature-controlled and we use a transporter specialized in wine shipping.
Free shipping guidelines:
- Free shipping applies to all orders over $199, or as specified as part of a special online offer.
- Minimum order to ship pre-arrival wines: $199.
For orders over $200 that include both pre-arrival wines and in stock wines :
If the value of the in stock wines is below the minimum order quantity for free shipping (or $200), standard shipping rates will apply. Alternatively, wines can be held until pre-arrival wines arrive to ship for free.
For questions about shipping or for help placing an order, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
- Purchaser and recipient must be over the age of 21 to purchase alcohol.
- An adult 21 years or older must be available to sign for the order upon delivery.
- When your wines are ready to be dispatched from our warehouse in California we will write to confirm your shipping address.
- It is highly recommended that you provide us with a business shipping address for best service.
- Delivery can only be made to an address where an individual at least 21 years old can sign for the shipment during regular business hours.
If you cannot receive your package and it is returned, please note that we cannot cover any re-shipping charges.
Cancellation and Return Policy
- We want you to love the wines your order from us and look forward to wine shipping season. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please contact us.
- A 15% cancellation/processing fee will be applied to all orders cancelled by the customer.
- Please note that we are unable to accept returns. If you are unhappy with your wine for any reason, please contact us.
Note that wine over 10 years old is not guaranteed in any way.
Have a question? e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns!
All wines are sold by Paris Wine Company SARL, 7 rue du Général Guilhem, 75011 Paris France
- Made with Integrity
- Compelling and Memorable