Lulu Vigneron 100% Poulsard 2014 (formerly Chais du Vieux Bourg)
In stock. Ships in 1-2 business days.
Bindernagel makes natural wine in his charming, miniscule Chai in the center of Poligny, and for the past 15 years has been slowly solidifying his reputation as a heavy-hitter in the Jura: in 2012, he was a winemaker of mention in Jancis Robinson's Jura roundup in the FT, and his wines have since been served at Michelin three-star restaurants around the world. Most recently, we blind-tasted this Poulsard in a Red Jura Tasting with a group of friends from the wine industry in Paris, and it came out on top amongst a lineup of some of the region's best (see picture below). After blind tasting this wine, a friend said with confidence: "This is definitely Ganevat"
Even if you're not a confirmed Juraphile, this is a wine to try if you enjoy light, aromatic reds that can best be qualified as "vin de soif" (a wine for thirst). At a whopping 11.2% alc. by vol., it's very elegant—but don't be fooled by the light color and alcohol: like the best Poulsards, it has a complex nose of ripe tomatoes or strawberries and it opens up beautifully as you pour glass after glass. Something else that sets Lulu's Poulsard apart: this wine can be aged for at least 5-7 years; expect it to become even lighter in color, and the aromas even more pronounced.
What to pair it with? When we harvest with Ludwig, this refreshing red is perfect for the end of a long day: Lulu's wife, Nathalie, serves this with her Paella or famous accras de morue (Caribbean Cod fritters).
In stock wines will ship out within 1 business day.
Our warehouse will send you an email with a tracking number before they are shipped, so you can manage your delivery window.
Please note that an adult over 21 years old must be present to sign for your wines. We cannot cover any reshipping fees.
For Pre-Arrival Wines, here is our estimated shipping schedule:
Spring pre-arrivals land in the early spring (Mid-to-end-of- March 2016).
Summer pre-arrivals land in the early summer (June 2016)
Fall pre-arrivals land in the early fall (October 2016)
Where do we ship?
U.S. : We currently ship to AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, LA, MA, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY. This list is subject to change at any time.
World: We typically deliver to France within 1-4 weeks after an order is placed. For other countries, please contact us for a quote and expected delivery time.
How do we ship?
- For pre-arrival wines, we ship three times a year via ocean freight. Orders placed February to April will be delivered during the summer shipping season (June), and orders placed May-September will ship in the fall (October), Orders placed October-January will ship in the Spring. We are happy to offer temperature or vacation holds, and will always notify you before the wine ships.
- Wines listed as "In stock" will be shipped out within 2 business days of an order being placed.
All of our supply chain is temperature-controlled and we use a transporter specialized in wine shipping.
Free shipping guidelines:
- Free shipping applies to all orders over $199, or as specified as part of a special online offer.
- Minimum order to ship pre-arrival wines: $199.
For orders over $200 that include both pre-arrival wines and in stock wines :
If the value of the in stock wines is below the minimum order quantity for free shipping (or $200), standard shipping rates will apply. Alternatively, wines can be held until pre-arrival wines arrive to ship for free.
For questions about shipping or for help placing an order, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchaser and recipient must be over the age of 21 to purchase alcohol.
- An adult 21 years or older must be available to sign for the order upon delivery.
- When your wines are ready to be dispatched from our warehouse in California we will write to confirm your shipping address.
- It is highly recommended that you provide us with a business shipping address for best service.
- Delivery can only be made to an address where an individual at least 21 years old can sign for the shipment during regular business hours.
If you cannot receive your package and it is returned, please note that we cannot cover any re-shipping charges.
Cancellation and Return Policy
- We want you to love the wines your order from us and look forward to wine shipping season. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please contact us.
- A 15% cancellation/processing fee will be applied to all orders cancelled by the customer.
- Please note that we are unable to accept returns. If you are unhappy with your wine for any reason, please contact us.
Note that wine over 10 years old is not guaranteed in any way.
Have a question? e-mail email@example.com with any questions or concerns!
All wines are sold by Paris Wine Company SARL, 7 rue du Général Guilhem, 75011 Paris France
- Made with Integrity
- Compelling and Memorable