Les Enfants Sauvages "Che Chauvio" (Syrah, Cinsault)
In stock. Ships within 1 business day.
Che Chauvio is a bit too dark to be a rosé, but a bit too light to be a red wine. Made from Syrah and Cinsault grapes using a brief carbonic maceration, Che Chauvio is an incredibly light, enjoyable, not-quite-rose wine from the South that you can enjoy chilled or at cellar temperature depending on your whims.
Nikolaus and Carolin Bantlin moved from Germany to the South of France in 1999 and spent the next six years renovating an abandoned farmhouse surrounded by vines. Already inspired by the anthroposophical teachings of Rudolf Steiner, it was evident that they would farm biodynamically.
As Nikolaus and Carolin have eloquently written: “First of all we must break with the habit of monoculture and ensure that our soil is teeming with life; we must keep our growing areas on a human scale; maintain or create a rich tapestry of plants so that a variety of flora will encourage an equally varied fauna, enrich the soil in a responsible way, caring for its micro- and macro-organism; in short: do all we can to ensure that vines, as a product of the soil, are an integral part of the natural biological cycle. There is nothing new about cultivating vines in this way. We are simply returning to long-standing traditions, some of which have almost been forgotten because chemical pesticides, mechanisation and convenience led winegrowers to neglect them.”
In stock wines will ship out within 1 business day.
Our warehouse will send you an email with a tracking number before they are shipped, so you can manage your delivery window.
Please note that an adult over 21 years old must be present to sign for your wines. We cannot cover any reshipping fees.
For Pre-Arrival Wines, here is our estimated shipping schedule:
Spring pre-arrivals land in the early spring (Mid-to-end-of- March 2016).
Summer pre-arrivals land in the early summer (June 2016)
Fall pre-arrivals land in the early fall (October 2016)
Where do we ship?
U.S. : We currently ship to AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, LA, MA, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY. This list is subject to change at any time.
World: We typically deliver to France within 1-4 weeks after an order is placed. For other countries, please contact us for a quote and expected delivery time.
How do we ship?
- For pre-arrival wines, we ship three times a year via ocean freight. Orders placed February to April will be delivered during the summer shipping season (June), and orders placed May-September will ship in the fall (October), Orders placed October-January will ship in the Spring. We are happy to offer temperature or vacation holds, and will always notify you before the wine ships.
- Wines listed as "In stock" will be shipped out within 2 business days of an order being placed.
All of our supply chain is temperature-controlled and we use a transporter specialized in wine shipping.
Free shipping guidelines:
- Free shipping applies to all orders over $199, or as specified as part of a special online offer.
- Minimum order to ship pre-arrival wines: $199.
For orders over $200 that include both pre-arrival wines and in stock wines :
If the value of the in stock wines is below the minimum order quantity for free shipping (or $200), standard shipping rates will apply. Alternatively, wines can be held until pre-arrival wines arrive to ship for free.
For questions about shipping or for help placing an order, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchaser and recipient must be over the age of 21 to purchase alcohol.
- An adult 21 years or older must be available to sign for the order upon delivery.
- When your wines are ready to be dispatched from our warehouse in California we will write to confirm your shipping address.
- It is highly recommended that you provide us with a business shipping address for best service.
- Delivery can only be made to an address where an individual at least 21 years old can sign for the shipment during regular business hours.
If you cannot receive your package and it is returned, please note that we cannot cover any re-shipping charges.
Cancellation and Return Policy
- We want you to love the wines your order from us and look forward to wine shipping season. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please contact us.
- A 15% cancellation/processing fee will be applied to all orders cancelled by the customer.
- Please note that we are unable to accept returns. If you are unhappy with your wine for any reason, please contact us.
Note that wine over 10 years old is not guaranteed in any way.
Have a question? e-mail email@example.com with any questions or concerns!
All wines are sold by Paris Wine Company SARL, 7 rue du Général Guilhem, 75011 Paris France
- Made with Integrity
- Compelling and Memorable