Julien Cecillon Crozes Hermitage "Les Marguerites" 2014
In stock. Ships in 1-2 business days.
This may be only fourth vintage for Julien but he's already shown that he's inherited the winemaking genes from his uncle, famed Rhone winemaker Jean-Louis Grippat. Julien now sits comfortably next to producers like Chave, Gonon, and Clape on Michelin-starred wine lists.
If the 2014 vintage was uneven for the Northern Rhone as a whole — the region saw hail and some Drosophilia flies — where it was good, it was very very good, thanks to the warm summer, August rains, and September sunshine. This is a totally open, fruit-forward and extremely expressive Syrah. We've offered this wine before as part of a 2-pack of the Julien Cecillon discovery pack—if you have enjoyed the 2013, then you should definitely try the 2014. (Or try a mini vertical, we have a few bottles left of the '13 vintage) Julien & Nancy are hands on in the vines (see below) and hands off in the cellar: the wine is made with only indigenous yeasts, and aged 13 months in 5-year old barrels.
You should take advantage of this offer if you like medium-bodied wines with a balance of spice and fruit, but this wine, and especially this vintage, won't knock you out with tannins. It's elegant and drinkable now, you don't have to wait to pop these bottles— serve it with your fall dinners, from grilled steaks to vegetarian dishes like portobello mushrooms.
In stock wines will ship out within 1 business day.
Our warehouse will send you an email with a tracking number before they are shipped, so you can manage your delivery window.
Please note that an adult over 21 years old must be present to sign for your wines. We cannot cover any reshipping fees.
For Pre-Arrival Wines, here is our estimated shipping schedule:
Spring pre-arrivals land in the early spring (Mid-to-end-of- March 2016).
Summer pre-arrivals land in the early summer (June 2016)
Fall pre-arrivals land in the early fall (October 2016)
Where do we ship?
U.S. : We currently ship to AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, LA, MA, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY. This list is subject to change at any time.
World: We typically deliver to France within 1-4 weeks after an order is placed. For other countries, please contact us for a quote and expected delivery time.
How do we ship?
- For pre-arrival wines, we ship three times a year via ocean freight. Orders placed February to April will be delivered during the summer shipping season (June), and orders placed May-September will ship in the fall (October), Orders placed October-January will ship in the Spring. We are happy to offer temperature or vacation holds, and will always notify you before the wine ships.
- Wines listed as "In stock" will be shipped out within 2 business days of an order being placed.
All of our supply chain is temperature-controlled and we use a transporter specialized in wine shipping.
Free shipping guidelines:
- Free shipping applies to all orders over $199, or as specified as part of a special online offer.
- Minimum order to ship pre-arrival wines: $199.
For orders over $200 that include both pre-arrival wines and in stock wines :
If the value of the in stock wines is below the minimum order quantity for free shipping (or $200), standard shipping rates will apply. Alternatively, wines can be held until pre-arrival wines arrive to ship for free.
For questions about shipping or for help placing an order, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchaser and recipient must be over the age of 21 to purchase alcohol.
- An adult 21 years or older must be available to sign for the order upon delivery.
- When your wines are ready to be dispatched from our warehouse in California we will write to confirm your shipping address.
- It is highly recommended that you provide us with a business shipping address for best service.
- Delivery can only be made to an address where an individual at least 21 years old can sign for the shipment during regular business hours.
If you cannot receive your package and it is returned, please note that we cannot cover any re-shipping charges.
Cancellation and Return Policy
- We want you to love the wines your order from us and look forward to wine shipping season. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please contact us.
- A 15% cancellation/processing fee will be applied to all orders cancelled by the customer.
- Please note that we are unable to accept returns. If you are unhappy with your wine for any reason, please contact us.
Note that wine over 10 years old is not guaranteed in any way.
Have a question? e-mail email@example.com with any questions or concerns!
All wines are sold by Paris Wine Company SARL, 7 rue du Général Guilhem, 75011 Paris France
- Made with Integrity
- Compelling and Memorable