Elian Da Ros Cotes du Marmandais "Chante Coucou" Rouge 2012
In Stock. Elian Da Ros Cotes du Marmandais "Chante Coucou" Rouge 2012
Is it possible to make a wine that combines the grace and elegance of Burgundy with the structure and richness of Bordeaux?
That seems to be the life’s work of Elian Daros, who grows Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, and Malbec near the town of Marmande in Southwest France, but was inspired to make wine after a run-in with some bottles from Henri Jayer. The Chante Coucou is the cornerstone of the domaine, a blend of the four red grapes that despite their origin from terroir just next to Bordeaux, clearly has a soul from Burgundy.
Recent tastings of the 2006 and 2009 Chante Coucou reminded me that this wine ages beautifully - the sleek dusty earth tones of Cabernet and Merlot are balanced by the Syrah and Malbec (which whole cluster fermented to preserve that awesome rustic touch). Amongst his peers, Elian is seen as one of the best winemakers in France. All of his wines are made slowly… with plenty of time for the wines to develop in barrel, before they are assembled and left to harmonize “en masse” for another 9-10 months before bottling. This ensures that the wines are smooth and ready to drink even when just released, but of course it would be a shame to drink them that young, right?
If you enjoy unique, terroir-driven wines that age well, a six pack of Chante Coucou from Elian Daros will be very welcome in your cellar. If you can keep it around for a few years, it will be a favorite wine to go back to - and guaranteed to become a personal favorite.
Pair this with soups and stews in the winter, or during the warmer months it would be great with some spiced lamb skewers on the grill.
Varietal: 50% merlot – 20% Cabernet sauvignon– 20% Malbec - 10% Syrah
Alc % by Vol: 12%
Drink: now through 2022
Pair with: Boeuf Bourguignon, Grilled moroccan lamb skewers
In stock wines will ship out within 1 business day.
Our warehouse will send you an email with a tracking number before they are shipped, so you can manage your delivery window.
Please note that an adult over 21 years old must be present to sign for your wines. We cannot cover any reshipping fees.
For Pre-Arrival Wines, here is our estimated shipping schedule:
Spring pre-arrivals land in the early spring (Mid-to-end-of- March 2016).
Summer pre-arrivals land in the early summer (June 2016)
Fall pre-arrivals land in the early fall (October 2016)
Where do we ship?
U.S. : We currently ship to AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, LA, MA, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY. This list is subject to change at any time.
World: We typically deliver to France within 1-4 weeks after an order is placed. For other countries, please contact us for a quote and expected delivery time.
How do we ship?
- For pre-arrival wines, we ship three times a year via ocean freight. Orders placed February to April will be delivered during the summer shipping season (June), and orders placed May-September will ship in the fall (October), Orders placed October-January will ship in the Spring. We are happy to offer temperature or vacation holds, and will always notify you before the wine ships.
- Wines listed as "In stock" will be shipped out within 2 business days of an order being placed.
All of our supply chain is temperature-controlled and we use a transporter specialized in wine shipping.
Free shipping guidelines:
- Free shipping applies to all orders over $199, or as specified as part of a special online offer.
- Minimum order to ship pre-arrival wines: $199.
For orders over $200 that include both pre-arrival wines and in stock wines :
If the value of the in stock wines is below the minimum order quantity for free shipping (or $200), standard shipping rates will apply. Alternatively, wines can be held until pre-arrival wines arrive to ship for free.
For questions about shipping or for help placing an order, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchaser and recipient must be over the age of 21 to purchase alcohol.
- An adult 21 years or older must be available to sign for the order upon delivery.
- When your wines are ready to be dispatched from our warehouse in California we will write to confirm your shipping address.
- It is highly recommended that you provide us with a business shipping address for best service.
- Delivery can only be made to an address where an individual at least 21 years old can sign for the shipment during regular business hours.
If you cannot receive your package and it is returned, please note that we cannot cover any re-shipping charges.
Cancellation and Return Policy
- We want you to love the wines your order from us and look forward to wine shipping season. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please contact us.
- A 15% cancellation/processing fee will be applied to all orders cancelled by the customer.
- Please note that we are unable to accept returns. If you are unhappy with your wine for any reason, please contact us.
Note that wine over 10 years old is not guaranteed in any way.
Have a question? e-mail email@example.com with any questions or concerns!
All wines are sold by Paris Wine Company SARL, 7 rue du Général Guilhem, 75011 Paris France
- Made with Integrity
- Compelling and Memorable