Domaine des Hauts Baigneux "Blanc Chenin" 2014
In stock. Ships in 1-2 business days.
What better way to kick off the new year than with a new winemaker? We're thrilled to add the elegant wines of Domaine des Hauts Baigneux to our portfolio - showcasing a lesser-known top-tier Loire terroir, Azay-Le-Rideau. If you've ever visited the Loire Valley châteaux, this may ring a bell: Azay-le-Rideau is primarily famous for its Renaissance chateau that draws thousands of tourists per year, but the appellation has existed since 1939!When longtime friends Nicolas Grosbois and Philippe Mesnier purchased the Domaine in 2013, other winemakers pointed out two parcels that prior generations had vinified separately and kept all to themselves: Mezardière and the appropriately-named "La Surprise". They decided to make one special Chenin cuvée from these special parcels, vinifying it for 18 months on the lees in concrete eggs, barrels, and (600-liter) demi-muids.
All of the Hauts Baigneux wines are special, but this cuvée alone may put Azay-le-Rideau back on the map. The mix of aging styles allow the wine to gain in richness, without overdoing it with oak. Except an aromatic Chenin Blanc, with pear, jasmine, and apricot aromas, and bracing acidity. The Blanc Chenin is a testament to the towering quality of this terroir.
This is a robust, mineral white wine on par with the best white Burgundies, so pair it with food similarly: try scallops with citrus and cream, mushroom risotto, pork with dried fruit and mediterranean spices. You can age it as long as a white Burg as well - the only big difference? The price.
In stock wines will ship out within 1 business day.
Our warehouse will send you an email with a tracking number before they are shipped, so you can manage your delivery window.
Please note that an adult over 21 years old must be present to sign for your wines. We cannot cover any reshipping fees.
For Pre-Arrival Wines, here is our estimated shipping schedule:
Spring pre-arrivals land in the early spring (Mid-to-end-of- March 2016).
Summer pre-arrivals land in the early summer (June 2016)
Fall pre-arrivals land in the early fall (October 2016)
Where do we ship?
U.S. : We currently ship to AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, LA, MA, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY. This list is subject to change at any time.
World: We typically deliver to France within 1-4 weeks after an order is placed. For other countries, please contact us for a quote and expected delivery time.
How do we ship?
- For pre-arrival wines, we ship three times a year via ocean freight. Orders placed February to April will be delivered during the summer shipping season (June), and orders placed May-September will ship in the fall (October), Orders placed October-January will ship in the Spring. We are happy to offer temperature or vacation holds, and will always notify you before the wine ships.
- Wines listed as "In stock" will be shipped out within 2 business days of an order being placed.
All of our supply chain is temperature-controlled and we use a transporter specialized in wine shipping.
Free shipping guidelines:
- Free shipping applies to all orders over $199, or as specified as part of a special online offer.
- Minimum order to ship pre-arrival wines: $199.
For orders over $200 that include both pre-arrival wines and in stock wines :
If the value of the in stock wines is below the minimum order quantity for free shipping (or $200), standard shipping rates will apply. Alternatively, wines can be held until pre-arrival wines arrive to ship for free.
For questions about shipping or for help placing an order, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
- Purchaser and recipient must be over the age of 21 to purchase alcohol.
- An adult 21 years or older must be available to sign for the order upon delivery.
- When your wines are ready to be dispatched from our warehouse in California we will write to confirm your shipping address.
- It is highly recommended that you provide us with a business shipping address for best service.
- Delivery can only be made to an address where an individual at least 21 years old can sign for the shipment during regular business hours.
If you cannot receive your package and it is returned, please note that we cannot cover any re-shipping charges.
Cancellation and Return Policy
- We want you to love the wines your order from us and look forward to wine shipping season. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please contact us.
- A 15% cancellation/processing fee will be applied to all orders cancelled by the customer.
- Please note that we are unable to accept returns. If you are unhappy with your wine for any reason, please contact us.
Note that wine over 10 years old is not guaranteed in any way.
Have a question? e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns!
All wines are sold by Paris Wine Company SARL, 7 rue du Général Guilhem, 75011 Paris France
- Made with Integrity
- Compelling and Memorable