Domaine de la Cras "Cras" Bourgogne Blanc 2014
In stock. Ships in 1-2 business days.
Perched at the northernmost point of the Cote de Nuits, Dijon was once widely reputed for excellent red and white wines..that were even more expensive than their neighbors in the Cote de Nuits (see map below). But much of the winemaking region around Dijon was lost to development over the years —that is until 2013, when the city of Dijon decided it was time to restore their prestigious winemaking past. The city bought 8 ha of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay on the "La Cras" estate and sought out a young, dynamic winemaker to make wine there. Enter 33-year old Marc Soyard, a young winegrower/winemaker who had previously worked at organic Vosne Romanée domaine Jean-Yves Bizot. Domaine de la Cras is the lone producer of Coteaux de Dijon and makes crisp whites and supple reds, farmed organically and made using biodynamic principles. He is a one-man revolution (orrestoration) in Dijon.
Today we’re bringing you the first ever vintage of Marc's top white, “Le Cras" at a killer introductory price. The Cras is a 100% Chardonnay white from a single, steep south-facing slope at 400-500 meters in altitude (the same elevation as the neighboring Hautes Cotes de Nuits, Marc is quick to point out). The Cras is a white wine from rediscovered, prime Burgundy terroir. The wine is vinified with no added sulflur, and aged 15-18 months in old oak barrels.
What does this taste like? We couldn’t put it better than one of our clients at our recent tasting dinner at NOPA SF who quipped, “It’s like a mix between a Meursault and a Chablis.” Even if you’re a white Burgundy aficionado, this is very literally some new terrain for you to cover. You'll recognize the traditional Burgundian chard aromatics, but with a more marked, Chablisian mineral finish.
Open this with traditional Burgundian food: escargot! Chicken with garlic and lemon! Open this for all of your friends—both Burg snobs and newbies. But, act quickly— Le Cras is a monopole - meaning their is only one owner of the vineyard (rare in Burgundy), and Marc pays a "rent" of 2,000 bottles a year to the City of Dijon, so there's very little left over for the rest of us!
This is a phenomenal, and very rare chance to pick up the first vintage ever of top white from the most exciting new domaine in Burgundy. If you like white Burgundy.... do not miss this one!
In stock wines will ship out within 1 business day.
Our warehouse will send you an email with a tracking number before they are shipped, so you can manage your delivery window.
Please note that an adult over 21 years old must be present to sign for your wines. We cannot cover any reshipping fees.
For Pre-Arrival Wines, here is our estimated shipping schedule:
Spring pre-arrivals land in the early spring (Mid-to-end-of- March 2016).
Summer pre-arrivals land in the early summer (June 2016)
Fall pre-arrivals land in the early fall (October 2016)
Where do we ship?
U.S. : We currently ship to AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, LA, MA, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY. This list is subject to change at any time.
World: We typically deliver to France within 1-4 weeks after an order is placed. For other countries, please contact us for a quote and expected delivery time.
How do we ship?
- For pre-arrival wines, we ship three times a year via ocean freight. Orders placed February to April will be delivered during the summer shipping season (June), and orders placed May-September will ship in the fall (October), Orders placed October-January will ship in the Spring. We are happy to offer temperature or vacation holds, and will always notify you before the wine ships.
- Wines listed as "In stock" will be shipped out within 2 business days of an order being placed.
All of our supply chain is temperature-controlled and we use a transporter specialized in wine shipping.
Free shipping guidelines:
- Free shipping applies to all orders over $199, or as specified as part of a special online offer.
- Minimum order to ship pre-arrival wines: $199.
For orders over $200 that include both pre-arrival wines and in stock wines :
If the value of the in stock wines is below the minimum order quantity for free shipping (or $200), standard shipping rates will apply. Alternatively, wines can be held until pre-arrival wines arrive to ship for free.
For questions about shipping or for help placing an order, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
- Purchaser and recipient must be over the age of 21 to purchase alcohol.
- An adult 21 years or older must be available to sign for the order upon delivery.
- When your wines are ready to be dispatched from our warehouse in California we will write to confirm your shipping address.
- It is highly recommended that you provide us with a business shipping address for best service.
- Delivery can only be made to an address where an individual at least 21 years old can sign for the shipment during regular business hours.
If you cannot receive your package and it is returned, please note that we cannot cover any re-shipping charges.
Cancellation and Return Policy
- We want you to love the wines your order from us and look forward to wine shipping season. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please contact us.
- A 15% cancellation/processing fee will be applied to all orders cancelled by the customer.
- Please note that we are unable to accept returns. If you are unhappy with your wine for any reason, please contact us.
Note that wine over 10 years old is not guaranteed in any way.
Have a question? e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns!
All wines are sold by Paris Wine Company SARL, 7 rue du Général Guilhem, 75011 Paris France
- Made with Integrity
- Compelling and Memorable