Champagne Piollot Rosé 'Les Gravelés' 2006
In stock. Ships within 1-2 business days.
When an already-excellent Champagne producer keeps pushing the envelope, the result is a wine like "Les Gravelés" - a sans soufre, 100% Pinot noir rosé Champagne that shows off the masterful vinification revolution taking place in the Aube, the southern part of Champagne that is currently home to most of the dynamic producers.
Most rosé Champagne is made by blending red pinot noir wine into the vin clair just before the second fermentation in bottle. When we asked Dominique Moreau why she decided to use skin maceration to add color to the instead, she explained that it's an old Aubois tradition - think of Saignée de Sorbée from Vouette & Sorbée or the Creux d'Enfer from Cedric Bouchard. Not only does Les Gravelées hold it's own with these giants - it's a killer value - Rosé from Vouette & Sorbée averages $90+, and Creux d'Enfer is at least $200.
Dominique Moreau and husband Roland Piollot's insistance on constantly switching things up that has made their two labels sommelier favorites in the U.S. Marie Courtin (from vines owned by Domique's side of the family) has been firmly established as a cult Champagne. Champagne Piollot is made by Dominique and Roland in the same cellar, but the grapes come from Roland's family vineyards. Since the beginning of this year Piollot Champagnes are now exclusively single-parcel and non dosé. 2015 marks the inaugural release of this rosé - and this is the first time ever that the Champagne Rosé Les Gravelées is offered in the U.S.
Try serving it with foods that match the notes you find in the glass; pair it with a spicy tagine or a apple-cinnamon dessert. We're offering this wine in a 4-pack so you can open up over the next couple of years or so — or even longer.
Only a few winemakers in Champagnes are at the forefront of their profession like Champagne Piollot — be the first to get your hands on this exceptional Rosé.
Grape: 100% Pinot Noir
Terroir: Clay-limestone, from the "Les Graveles" lieu-dit in Polisot, south-facing, on a steep incline
Production: Organic farming, 24 hours of skin maceration, no pressurage
Pairing: Couscous, mediterranean food that's heavy on the spices. Desserts: apple pie, fruit crumble.
Cellar: now until 2017
In stock wines will ship out within 1 business day.
Our warehouse will send you an email with a tracking number before they are shipped, so you can manage your delivery window.
Please note that an adult over 21 years old must be present to sign for your wines. We cannot cover any reshipping fees.
For Pre-Arrival Wines, here is our estimated shipping schedule:
Spring pre-arrivals land in the early spring (Mid-to-end-of- March 2016).
Summer pre-arrivals land in the early summer (June 2016)
Fall pre-arrivals land in the early fall (October 2016)
Where do we ship?
U.S. : We currently ship to AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, LA, MA, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY. This list is subject to change at any time.
World: We typically deliver to France within 1-4 weeks after an order is placed. For other countries, please contact us for a quote and expected delivery time.
How do we ship?
- For pre-arrival wines, we ship three times a year via ocean freight. Orders placed February to April will be delivered during the summer shipping season (June), and orders placed May-September will ship in the fall (October), Orders placed October-January will ship in the Spring. We are happy to offer temperature or vacation holds, and will always notify you before the wine ships.
- Wines listed as "In stock" will be shipped out within 2 business days of an order being placed.
All of our supply chain is temperature-controlled and we use a transporter specialized in wine shipping.
Free shipping guidelines:
- Free shipping applies to all orders over $199, or as specified as part of a special online offer.
- Minimum order to ship pre-arrival wines: $199.
For orders over $200 that include both pre-arrival wines and in stock wines :
If the value of the in stock wines is below the minimum order quantity for free shipping (or $200), standard shipping rates will apply. Alternatively, wines can be held until pre-arrival wines arrive to ship for free.
For questions about shipping or for help placing an order, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
- Purchaser and recipient must be over the age of 21 to purchase alcohol.
- An adult 21 years or older must be available to sign for the order upon delivery.
- When your wines are ready to be dispatched from our warehouse in California we will write to confirm your shipping address.
- It is highly recommended that you provide us with a business shipping address for best service.
- Delivery can only be made to an address where an individual at least 21 years old can sign for the shipment during regular business hours.
If you cannot receive your package and it is returned, please note that we cannot cover any re-shipping charges.
Cancellation and Return Policy
- We want you to love the wines your order from us and look forward to wine shipping season. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please contact us.
- A 15% cancellation/processing fee will be applied to all orders cancelled by the customer.
- Please note that we are unable to accept returns. If you are unhappy with your wine for any reason, please contact us.
Note that wine over 10 years old is not guaranteed in any way.
Have a question? e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns!
All wines are sold by Paris Wine Company SARL, 7 rue du Général Guilhem, 75011 Paris France
- Made with Integrity
- Compelling and Memorable