Champagne Etienne Calsac Blanc de Blancs "Les Rocheforts"
In stock. Ships in 1-2 business days.
Since we first started working with Etienne Calsac almost two years ago, this 30-year old Champagne winegrower's star has continued to rise: he was lauded by Somms all over the country when he exploded onto the scene in 2015, and just recently, he was chosen as the by-the-glass Champagne at the newly-opened Paris Ritz on Place Vendome. And, as we learned when we visited Etienne on Monday with our Paris Wine Weekend guests, he's going to continue pushing his Champagne-making in exciting new directions—releasing more new single-parcels, and vinifying traditional Champagne grapes. Today, we're bringing you the single-parcel Blanc de Blancs, from the Premier Cru "Rocheforts" vineyard in Bisseuil.
This elegant, premier cru Chardonnay Champagne brings out the exceptional, chalky, terroir of the vineyard in the Côte de Blancs, and the 4g of dosage (Extra Brut) perfectly compliments this brisk minerality. The result is a Champagne that smells of apricots and honey, lingers on your palate, and is just punctuated by the alkalinity from the Rocheforts terroir. Because Etienne ages 15% of the wine in barrel, there is a slight richness to this Champagne, while retaining persistent, festive bubbles.
The production from the Rocheforts vineyard is extremely limited (and so is our allocation), and we wanted to make sure our customers had a chance to try the first-ever release of this exceptional Blanc de Blancs. It's a perfect Champagne for New Year's dinner — pair it with a light meat and fruit dish, or as they recommended at Corkbuzz in New York, with scallops.
We can't wait to taste what Etienne does next —today's offer is a rare chance to get in early on the next big name in grower Champagne from Avize.
Region: Champagne (Marne - Avize)
Varietal: 100% Chardonnay
Parcel: Les Rocheforts terroir de Bisseuil 1cru
Vine age: 30 years (average)
Dosage: 4 g/L
Open: now through 2019
Pair with: As an apéritif, or light meat and fruit dishes: pork with apricots, chicken with apples
In stock wines will ship out within 1 business day.
Our warehouse will send you an email with a tracking number before they are shipped, so you can manage your delivery window.
Please note that an adult over 21 years old must be present to sign for your wines. We cannot cover any reshipping fees.
For Pre-Arrival Wines, here is our estimated shipping schedule:
Spring pre-arrivals land in the early spring (Mid-to-end-of- March 2016).
Summer pre-arrivals land in the early summer (June 2016)
Fall pre-arrivals land in the early fall (October 2016)
Where do we ship?
U.S. : We currently ship to AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, LA, MA, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY. This list is subject to change at any time.
World: We typically deliver to France within 1-4 weeks after an order is placed. For other countries, please contact us for a quote and expected delivery time.
How do we ship?
- For pre-arrival wines, we ship three times a year via ocean freight. Orders placed February to April will be delivered during the summer shipping season (June), and orders placed May-September will ship in the fall (October), Orders placed October-January will ship in the Spring. We are happy to offer temperature or vacation holds, and will always notify you before the wine ships.
- Wines listed as "In stock" will be shipped out within 2 business days of an order being placed.
All of our supply chain is temperature-controlled and we use a transporter specialized in wine shipping.
Free shipping guidelines:
- Free shipping applies to all orders over $199, or as specified as part of a special online offer.
- Minimum order to ship pre-arrival wines: $199.
For orders over $200 that include both pre-arrival wines and in stock wines :
If the value of the in stock wines is below the minimum order quantity for free shipping (or $200), standard shipping rates will apply. Alternatively, wines can be held until pre-arrival wines arrive to ship for free.
For questions about shipping or for help placing an order, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchaser and recipient must be over the age of 21 to purchase alcohol.
- An adult 21 years or older must be available to sign for the order upon delivery.
- When your wines are ready to be dispatched from our warehouse in California we will write to confirm your shipping address.
- It is highly recommended that you provide us with a business shipping address for best service.
- Delivery can only be made to an address where an individual at least 21 years old can sign for the shipment during regular business hours.
If you cannot receive your package and it is returned, please note that we cannot cover any re-shipping charges.
Cancellation and Return Policy
- We want you to love the wines your order from us and look forward to wine shipping season. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please contact us.
- A 15% cancellation/processing fee will be applied to all orders cancelled by the customer.
- Please note that we are unable to accept returns. If you are unhappy with your wine for any reason, please contact us.
Note that wine over 10 years old is not guaranteed in any way.
Have a question? e-mail email@example.com with any questions or concerns!
All wines are sold by Paris Wine Company SARL, 7 rue du Général Guilhem, 75011 Paris France
- Made with Integrity
- Compelling and Memorable