Champagne Cordeuil 2004 Millésimé
In stock. Ships within one business day. Free U.S. shipping on orders over $199.
When we visited Champagne Cordeuil for the first time earlier this year, we felt like Indiana Jones discovering a treasure trove of long lost Champagne. Gilbert Cordeuil (pronounced "COR-DOY") has been farming 10 hectares organically for the last 20 years, yet has only sold his wines directly at the domaine to a loyal clientele. Never exported, no sales to restaurants, and no cavistes. These refined, long-aged Champagnes have only made it into the hands of the Cordeuil family and a select circle of clients in France—until now!
The 2004 is an extremely elegant Champagne with great depth—a blend of 50% Chardonnay from vines in Fontette (planted in 1988) and 50% Pinot Noir from 40 year-old vines in Ville-sur-Arce (the source of much of the fruit for cult producer Vouette Sorbée). The Pinot Noir brings the structure and toasted brioche notes, while the Chardonnay adds a mango and tropical element on the nose. The combination keeps singing after your last sip.
This is a great prestige cuvée to drink now. Serve it before a special occasion dinner, or gussy up a simple Quiche Lorraine and salad dinner with a delicious bottle of vintage Champagne.
In the Indiana Jones movie, the grail offers eternal life. Gilbert Cordeuil doesn’t quite go that far, but he does make a claim that drinkers of Champagne Cordeuil enjoy a long and healthy life. Above the entrance, he has adapted an old French expression – “Bon Pied, Bon Oeil….Champagne Cordeuil”. To quote the old knight from Indiana Jones, when you buy a bottle of Cordeuil…. you have chosen wisely.
Varietal: 50% Pinot Noir, 50% Chardonnay
Vine age: 25-year old vines (Chardonnay) 40 year-old vines (Pinot Noir)
Alc %: 12%
When to open — now through 2017, with all of your favorite people
Serve at: 7°C / 43°F - 48°F
Pair it with: Open for apéro and enjoy throughout the meal. Open another bottle with a salty caramel dessert
In stock wines will ship out within 1 business day.
Our warehouse will send you an email with a tracking number before they are shipped, so you can manage your delivery window.
Please note that an adult over 21 years old must be present to sign for your wines. We cannot cover any reshipping fees.
For Pre-Arrival Wines, here is our estimated shipping schedule:
Spring pre-arrivals land in the early spring (Mid-to-end-of- March 2016).
Summer pre-arrivals land in the early summer (June 2016)
Fall pre-arrivals land in the early fall (October 2016)
Where do we ship?
U.S. : We currently ship to AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, LA, MA, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY. This list is subject to change at any time.
World: We typically deliver to France within 1-4 weeks after an order is placed. For other countries, please contact us for a quote and expected delivery time.
How do we ship?
- For pre-arrival wines, we ship three times a year via ocean freight. Orders placed February to April will be delivered during the summer shipping season (June), and orders placed May-September will ship in the fall (October), Orders placed October-January will ship in the Spring. We are happy to offer temperature or vacation holds, and will always notify you before the wine ships.
- Wines listed as "In stock" will be shipped out within 2 business days of an order being placed.
All of our supply chain is temperature-controlled and we use a transporter specialized in wine shipping.
Free shipping guidelines:
- Free shipping applies to all orders over $199, or as specified as part of a special online offer.
- Minimum order to ship pre-arrival wines: $199.
For orders over $200 that include both pre-arrival wines and in stock wines :
If the value of the in stock wines is below the minimum order quantity for free shipping (or $200), standard shipping rates will apply. Alternatively, wines can be held until pre-arrival wines arrive to ship for free.
For questions about shipping or for help placing an order, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
- Purchaser and recipient must be over the age of 21 to purchase alcohol.
- An adult 21 years or older must be available to sign for the order upon delivery.
- When your wines are ready to be dispatched from our warehouse in California we will write to confirm your shipping address.
- It is highly recommended that you provide us with a business shipping address for best service.
- Delivery can only be made to an address where an individual at least 21 years old can sign for the shipment during regular business hours.
If you cannot receive your package and it is returned, please note that we cannot cover any re-shipping charges.
Cancellation and Return Policy
- We want you to love the wines your order from us and look forward to wine shipping season. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please contact us.
- A 15% cancellation/processing fee will be applied to all orders cancelled by the customer.
- Please note that we are unable to accept returns. If you are unhappy with your wine for any reason, please contact us.
Note that wine over 10 years old is not guaranteed in any way.
Have a question? e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns!
All wines are sold by Paris Wine Company SARL, 7 rue du Général Guilhem, 75011 Paris France
- Made with Integrity
- Compelling and Memorable