Champagne Barrat Masson "Fleur de Craie" Blanc de Blancs
In stock. Ships in 1-2 business days.
Located just on the westernmost portion of the Aube, in the chalky clay-limestone soils around Bethon, Barrat-Masson is the Champagne domaine situated closest to Paris. When we visited the Domaine with winemaker Loic Masson, we noted that they were on the Western edge of Champagne— he responded “No, this isn’t the edge, this is where Champagne begins!” We talk a lot about the Aube Champagne Revolution, and husband-and-wife winegrower/oenologist team Loic and AurelieBarrat-Masson have earned their rightful place among the best winemakers making delicious, gourmand Champagnes in the Aube.
Today, we're bringing you a chance to discover their wines with the beautifully complex Blanc de Blancs, "Fleur de Craie" at a special pack price.
Loic takes care of their organically-farmed 7 hectares of vines and Aurélie, the former oenologist at the local coop in Bethon (where the couple met), works in the cellar—the grapes are pressed with a traditional Coquard basket press mechanized to control pressure levels, and the wine is only made with the heart of the first pressing, or the "coeur de cuvée". The wines are aged in a combination of oak barrels and steel tanks for up to three years, and hand disgorged.
Fleur de Craie, (literally translated : "Chalk Flower", from the chalk soils on which it’s grown) is a beautiful, easy-drinking Champagne that you’ll want to open with or without a special occasion. It has delicate citrus notes (we smelled kumquats) on the nose, and a richness on the back palate reminiscent of creme brulée, and finishes with a piercing stony acidity. This is a Blanc de Blancs with exceptional purity and depth. Pick up a pack today and discover "where Champagne begins" !
In stock wines will ship out within 1 business day.
Our warehouse will send you an email with a tracking number before they are shipped, so you can manage your delivery window.
Please note that an adult over 21 years old must be present to sign for your wines. We cannot cover any reshipping fees.
For Pre-Arrival Wines, here is our estimated shipping schedule:
Spring pre-arrivals land in the early spring (Mid-to-end-of- March 2016).
Summer pre-arrivals land in the early summer (June 2016)
Fall pre-arrivals land in the early fall (October 2016)
Where do we ship?
U.S. : We currently ship to AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, LA, MA, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY. This list is subject to change at any time.
World: We typically deliver to France within 1-4 weeks after an order is placed. For other countries, please contact us for a quote and expected delivery time.
How do we ship?
- For pre-arrival wines, we ship three times a year via ocean freight. Orders placed February to April will be delivered during the summer shipping season (June), and orders placed May-September will ship in the fall (October), Orders placed October-January will ship in the Spring. We are happy to offer temperature or vacation holds, and will always notify you before the wine ships.
- Wines listed as "In stock" will be shipped out within 2 business days of an order being placed.
All of our supply chain is temperature-controlled and we use a transporter specialized in wine shipping.
Free shipping guidelines:
- Free shipping applies to all orders over $199, or as specified as part of a special online offer.
- Minimum order to ship pre-arrival wines: $199.
For orders over $200 that include both pre-arrival wines and in stock wines :
If the value of the in stock wines is below the minimum order quantity for free shipping (or $200), standard shipping rates will apply. Alternatively, wines can be held until pre-arrival wines arrive to ship for free.
For questions about shipping or for help placing an order, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
- Purchaser and recipient must be over the age of 21 to purchase alcohol.
- An adult 21 years or older must be available to sign for the order upon delivery.
- When your wines are ready to be dispatched from our warehouse in California we will write to confirm your shipping address.
- It is highly recommended that you provide us with a business shipping address for best service.
- Delivery can only be made to an address where an individual at least 21 years old can sign for the shipment during regular business hours.
If you cannot receive your package and it is returned, please note that we cannot cover any re-shipping charges.
Cancellation and Return Policy
- We want you to love the wines your order from us and look forward to wine shipping season. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please contact us.
- A 15% cancellation/processing fee will be applied to all orders cancelled by the customer.
- Please note that we are unable to accept returns. If you are unhappy with your wine for any reason, please contact us.
Note that wine over 10 years old is not guaranteed in any way.
Have a question? e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns!
All wines are sold by Paris Wine Company SARL, 7 rue du Général Guilhem, 75011 Paris France
- Made with Integrity
- Compelling and Memorable