Bertin Delatte "Pop Sec" 100% Chenin Blanc Sparkling
In Stock. Free shipping on orders over $199.
*pictures reflect new and old labels*
Pop Sec is a wine that you didn’t realize you needed in your cellar. It’s delicious Chenin. It sparkles. It’s extremely fun to drink, but serious enough to pair with food. There are very few Pétnats (Pétillants naturels”, or natural sparkling) that stand above the crowd as refined wines that you can age and enjoy over the years. This 100% Chenin Blanc from Anjou winemakers Genevieve Delatte and Nicolas Bertin should be a reference not just for PétNats, but for all sparkling French wines. We'll say it — it's better than a lot of the Champagnes out there.
Nicolas and Genevieve have a 3-hectare organic domaine near Rablay-sur-Layon. If that town’s name rings a bell it’s because together with neighbors and similarly tiny Domaines GarOvin and Vins Hodgson, this Angevin crew is making some of the Loire’s most exciting wines. You may know Bertin-Delatte’s still white, L’Echalier; they make natural wines that appeal to Somms in Michelin-starred restaurants as much as the local crunchy granola types who shop at the cooperative grocery in Rablay Sur Layon.
Pop Sec comes from a single, low-yield Chenin Blanc parcel grown on Anjou schist in front of Nicolas & Genevieve’s house in Rablay. The wine is made using the méthode ancestrale - first fermentation finishes in bottle - “the nat” is the natural fermentation that ensues. It’s aged one year on the lees, and then disgorged manually and topped off with base wine in the winter.
Drinking Pop Sec is somewhat reminiscent of biting into a crisp, green apple. The year on the lees gives it more depth, but with just tank aging, this is clean, bracing Chenin. The persistent bubbles make it a lot of fun to drink, and keep drinking. Most Pétnats are not formal wines, but this wine is legit enough to be served at an outdoor wedding (keep it out of mason jars, please).
Add it to your cellar because you’ll have a blast drinking this wine. Serve it with light meals, or maybe a dish with a hint of sweet and savory. This has been at every Paris Wine Company thanksgiving for the past couple of years, served to refresh palates for the pie course.
Varietal: 100% Chenin Blanc
Alc % by Vol: 12%
Open: Now through 2022
Pair With: Roast pork with apricots. Pie.
In stock wines will ship out within 1 business day.
Our warehouse will send you an email with a tracking number before they are shipped, so you can manage your delivery window.
Please note that an adult over 21 years old must be present to sign for your wines. We cannot cover any reshipping fees.
For Pre-Arrival Wines, here is our estimated shipping schedule:
Spring pre-arrivals land in the early spring (Mid-to-end-of- March 2016).
Summer pre-arrivals land in the early summer (June 2016)
Fall pre-arrivals land in the early fall (October 2016)
Where do we ship?
U.S. : We currently ship to AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, LA, MA, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY. This list is subject to change at any time.
World: We typically deliver to France within 1-4 weeks after an order is placed. For other countries, please contact us for a quote and expected delivery time.
How do we ship?
- For pre-arrival wines, we ship three times a year via ocean freight. Orders placed February to April will be delivered during the summer shipping season (June), and orders placed May-September will ship in the fall (October), Orders placed October-January will ship in the Spring. We are happy to offer temperature or vacation holds, and will always notify you before the wine ships.
- Wines listed as "In stock" will be shipped out within 2 business days of an order being placed.
All of our supply chain is temperature-controlled and we use a transporter specialized in wine shipping.
Free shipping guidelines:
- Free shipping applies to all orders over $199, or as specified as part of a special online offer.
- Minimum order to ship pre-arrival wines: $199.
For orders over $200 that include both pre-arrival wines and in stock wines :
If the value of the in stock wines is below the minimum order quantity for free shipping (or $200), standard shipping rates will apply. Alternatively, wines can be held until pre-arrival wines arrive to ship for free.
For questions about shipping or for help placing an order, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
- Purchaser and recipient must be over the age of 21 to purchase alcohol.
- An adult 21 years or older must be available to sign for the order upon delivery.
- When your wines are ready to be dispatched from our warehouse in California we will write to confirm your shipping address.
- It is highly recommended that you provide us with a business shipping address for best service.
- Delivery can only be made to an address where an individual at least 21 years old can sign for the shipment during regular business hours.
If you cannot receive your package and it is returned, please note that we cannot cover any re-shipping charges.
Cancellation and Return Policy
- We want you to love the wines your order from us and look forward to wine shipping season. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please contact us.
- A 15% cancellation/processing fee will be applied to all orders cancelled by the customer.
- Please note that we are unable to accept returns. If you are unhappy with your wine for any reason, please contact us.
Note that wine over 10 years old is not guaranteed in any way.
Have a question? e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns!
All wines are sold by Paris Wine Company SARL, 7 rue du Général Guilhem, 75011 Paris France
- Made with Integrity
- Compelling and Memorable