Aurelien Chatagnier Cornas 2013
In stock. Ships in 1-2 days.
In the 2000 UK Financial times, Jancis Robinson famously railed against the wines of Cornas, calling them “obdurate” and “anti-diluvian”. This type of excoriation was the best thing to happen to the winemakers of Cornas, who have escaped mainstream press attention and remained some of the most resolutely old-fashioned producers in France. We can thank legends like Noel Verset, Robert Michel, Marcel Juge, and Thierry Allemand for clinging to tradition and inspiring the next generation to continue making wines that focus on purity, elegance, and long cellar life instead of fruit bomb syrahs that have exploded further north in Cote Rotie.
Aurelien Chatagnier claims the torch as one of the best producers of the next generation. We are offering a rare chance to purchase the first vintage ever produced of Chatagnier Cornas.
After dropping out of high school to work in the vines for the iconic Domaine Jamet in Cote-Rotie, Aurelien Chatagnier quickly cobbled together his own small domaine by going door to door in St Joseph and asking all the retired farmers if they had vines he could rent. The first bottles were released in 2004 at the age of 22!
In the abundant 2013 harvest, Aurelien came up with a genius idea to trade 5 barrels worth of grapes with a friend–his own Viognier grapes from the prestigious Condrieu appellation in exchange for his friend's Syrah from the excellent granitic terroir of Cornas.
Done deal – and wow! Our tasting notes from the visit to the domaine simply say: “Best wine of the entire trip. Buy as much of this as possible.” This is an example of the epitome of traditional Syrah – leathery, rich fruit, with supple tannins and explosive spice held together with a backbone of acidity to help it age.
The buzz on Chatagnier is becoming close to a roar. When the very limited supply of wines arrive with our distributors, they are sold out within weeks. The Cornas is the rarest of all cuvées, with only 125 cases produced! Despite being officially sold out since January, we were able to convince Aurelien to release a few extra cases to offer directly to you.
In stock wines will ship out within 1 business day.
Our warehouse will send you an email with a tracking number before they are shipped, so you can manage your delivery window.
Please note that an adult over 21 years old must be present to sign for your wines. We cannot cover any reshipping fees.
For Pre-Arrival Wines, here is our estimated shipping schedule:
Spring pre-arrivals land in the early spring (Mid-to-end-of- March 2016).
Summer pre-arrivals land in the early summer (June 2016)
Fall pre-arrivals land in the early fall (October 2016)
Where do we ship?
U.S. : We currently ship to AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, LA, MA, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY. This list is subject to change at any time.
World: We typically deliver to France within 1-4 weeks after an order is placed. For other countries, please contact us for a quote and expected delivery time.
How do we ship?
- For pre-arrival wines, we ship three times a year via ocean freight. Orders placed February to April will be delivered during the summer shipping season (June), and orders placed May-September will ship in the fall (October), Orders placed October-January will ship in the Spring. We are happy to offer temperature or vacation holds, and will always notify you before the wine ships.
- Wines listed as "In stock" will be shipped out within 2 business days of an order being placed.
All of our supply chain is temperature-controlled and we use a transporter specialized in wine shipping.
Free shipping guidelines:
- Free shipping applies to all orders over $199, or as specified as part of a special online offer.
- Minimum order to ship pre-arrival wines: $199.
For orders over $200 that include both pre-arrival wines and in stock wines :
If the value of the in stock wines is below the minimum order quantity for free shipping (or $200), standard shipping rates will apply. Alternatively, wines can be held until pre-arrival wines arrive to ship for free.
For questions about shipping or for help placing an order, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
- Purchaser and recipient must be over the age of 21 to purchase alcohol.
- An adult 21 years or older must be available to sign for the order upon delivery.
- When your wines are ready to be dispatched from our warehouse in California we will write to confirm your shipping address.
- It is highly recommended that you provide us with a business shipping address for best service.
- Delivery can only be made to an address where an individual at least 21 years old can sign for the shipment during regular business hours.
If you cannot receive your package and it is returned, please note that we cannot cover any re-shipping charges.
Cancellation and Return Policy
- We want you to love the wines your order from us and look forward to wine shipping season. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please contact us.
- A 15% cancellation/processing fee will be applied to all orders cancelled by the customer.
- Please note that we are unable to accept returns. If you are unhappy with your wine for any reason, please contact us.
Note that wine over 10 years old is not guaranteed in any way.
Have a question? e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns!
All wines are sold by Paris Wine Company SARL, 7 rue du Général Guilhem, 75011 Paris France
- Made with Integrity
- Compelling and Memorable