Yvon Métras Fleurie 2015
In stock. Ships in 1-2 business days.
When we placed our first Metras offer a few years back, I wrote: "Of all the requests we get, Métras is always near the top of the list from sommeliers, collectors, and anyone in the know." The same is true today, if not more so. As Beaujolais enjoys a revival on the ground (as young winemakersrevive family Domaines), and Beaujolais enjoys a new audience in the U.S.; one name still is whispered only in hushed tones : Yvon Métras.
If Yvon Metras is the most sought-after winemaker in Beaujolais it is because he is a purist from vine-to-cellar: His organic vines are plowed using a painstaking cable-and-winch plow (Described at length in this excellent writeup in Wine Terroirs), pruned to keep yields very low, then hand-harvested in small bins. Something exceptional in 2015: the Fleurie cuvée includes grapes from his oldest vines (120-years old) around La Madone. Wine from this exceptional old-vine parcel is usually separated out into the "Ultime" cuvée, but in sunny year with low yields, he made just one cuvée...this Fleurie.
In the cellar, Yvon Metras has been making wines naturally (little or no sulfur) since 1988, long before it was cool: wines are made using carbonic maceration, and only lightly pressed. Metras wines show an exceptional velvety texture and structure for long-aging. This is some of the juiciest, most peppery and complex Gamay you will ever encounter, and the 2015 Fleurie from Yvon Metras will be one for the books. 2015 is already being hailed as a very solid Beaujolais vintage, if atypical: the late-summer heat means that Beaujolais have a significant amount of heft.
Add this to your cellar if you're looking to pick up some of the most hard-to-find and highly rated Fleurie out there. This red will appeal to Beaujolais addicts and may convert friends into who look for wines with a little oomph and had overlooked the Cru Beaujolais: this is a medium-to-full bodied, rich, aromatic Gamay. Pick up a 4-pack, open one now and cellar the rest: Metras' wines are also exceptional in that they improve with long aging.
In stock wines will ship out within 1 business day.
Our warehouse will send you an email with a tracking number before they are shipped, so you can manage your delivery window.
Please note that an adult over 21 years old must be present to sign for your wines. We cannot cover any reshipping fees.
For Pre-Arrival Wines, here is our estimated shipping schedule:
Spring pre-arrivals land in the early spring (Mid-to-end-of- March 2016).
Summer pre-arrivals land in the early summer (June 2016)
Fall pre-arrivals land in the early fall (October 2016)
Where do we ship?
U.S. : We currently ship to AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, LA, MA, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY. This list is subject to change at any time.
World: We typically deliver to France within 1-4 weeks after an order is placed. For other countries, please contact us for a quote and expected delivery time.
How do we ship?
- For pre-arrival wines, we ship three times a year via ocean freight. Orders placed February to April will be delivered during the summer shipping season (June), and orders placed May-September will ship in the fall (October), Orders placed October-January will ship in the Spring. We are happy to offer temperature or vacation holds, and will always notify you before the wine ships.
- Wines listed as "In stock" will be shipped out within 2 business days of an order being placed.
All of our supply chain is temperature-controlled and we use a transporter specialized in wine shipping.
Free shipping guidelines:
- Free shipping applies to all orders over $199, or as specified as part of a special online offer.
- Minimum order to ship pre-arrival wines: $199.
For orders over $200 that include both pre-arrival wines and in stock wines :
If the value of the in stock wines is below the minimum order quantity for free shipping (or $200), standard shipping rates will apply. Alternatively, wines can be held until pre-arrival wines arrive to ship for free.
For questions about shipping or for help placing an order, please contact us by emailing email@example.com
- Purchaser and recipient must be over the age of 21 to purchase alcohol.
- An adult 21 years or older must be available to sign for the order upon delivery.
- When your wines are ready to be dispatched from our warehouse in California we will write to confirm your shipping address.
- It is highly recommended that you provide us with a business shipping address for best service.
- Delivery can only be made to an address where an individual at least 21 years old can sign for the shipment during regular business hours.
If you cannot receive your package and it is returned, please note that we cannot cover any re-shipping charges.
Cancellation and Return Policy
- We want you to love the wines your order from us and look forward to wine shipping season. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please contact us.
- A 15% cancellation/processing fee will be applied to all orders cancelled by the customer.
- Please note that we are unable to accept returns. If you are unhappy with your wine for any reason, please contact us.
Note that wine over 10 years old is not guaranteed in any way.
Have a question? e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns!
All wines are sold by Paris Wine Company SARL, 7 rue du Général Guilhem, 75011 Paris France
- Made with Integrity
- Compelling and Memorable