1974 Clos Joliette Jurançon Sec
In stock. Ships within one business day. Free U.S. shipping on orders over $199.
The legendary wines of Clos Joliette were produced from 1932 until 1975 by Monsieur and Madame Migné, just outside the village of Pau in the southwest of France. Each year, in the same manner as Chateau Yquem, they would make four or five sweeps through the vines over the course of several weeks, harvesting only the ripest bunches of grapes. The resulting wine was aged for four years in barrel, and then five years in bottle before offered to a small group of loyal collectors.
We are extremely fortunate to have found a small stash of wines from the 1974 vintage which have been perfectly stored, are in impeccable condition, and (after no small amount of negotiating) that are finally able to offer to our customers in the US.
The 3-acre Clos Joliette vineyard is located just outside the village of Pau, on a steep south-facing slope. It was planted by Monsieur Migné’s uncle in 1925 to 95% Petite Manseng (the noble grape of the southwest), with the remaining 5% mixed between Gros Manseng and Corbu. The vineyard was farmed organically and plowed by winch, as the slopes are too steep to allow a tractor. Technology was equally eschewed in the cellar. Each year the grapes were harvested at full maturity between November 15th and December 10th. Depending on the weather conditions each vintage, the wine from Clos Joliette could be sec (dry), demi-sec (off-dry), or moelleux (sweet). Less than 400 cases were produced in good years, and hardly 250 cases when the yields were low.
There are extremely few wines that are made under such extreme conditions, with such attention to detail, and risk taking in the cellar. The meticulous wines of Chateau Yquem come to mind, but with one important difference….
The 1974 Clos Joliette Jurancon is a dry white wine! It is rich and unctuous, with a golden amber hue. The flavor is impossibly complex, with dominant notes of honey and white truffle. As with other wines this rich, one bottle easily serves 8 to 10 people. We recommend opening the bottle and decanting the wine a few hours before serving.
In stock wines will ship out within 1 business day.
Our warehouse will send you an email with a tracking number before they are shipped, so you can manage your delivery window.
Please note that an adult over 21 years old must be present to sign for your wines. We cannot cover any reshipping fees.
For Pre-Arrival Wines, here is our estimated shipping schedule:
Spring pre-arrivals land in the early spring (Mid-to-end-of- March 2016).
Summer pre-arrivals land in the early summer (June 2016)
Fall pre-arrivals land in the early fall (October 2016)
Where do we ship?
U.S. : We currently ship to AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, LA, MA, MO, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, and WY. This list is subject to change at any time.
World: We typically deliver to France within 1-4 weeks after an order is placed. For other countries, please contact us for a quote and expected delivery time.
How do we ship?
- For pre-arrival wines, we ship three times a year via ocean freight. Orders placed February to April will be delivered during the summer shipping season (June), and orders placed May-September will ship in the fall (October), Orders placed October-January will ship in the Spring. We are happy to offer temperature or vacation holds, and will always notify you before the wine ships.
- Wines listed as "In stock" will be shipped out within 2 business days of an order being placed.
All of our supply chain is temperature-controlled and we use a transporter specialized in wine shipping.
Free shipping guidelines:
- Free shipping applies to all orders over $199, or as specified as part of a special online offer.
- Minimum order to ship pre-arrival wines: $199.
For orders over $200 that include both pre-arrival wines and in stock wines :
If the value of the in stock wines is below the minimum order quantity for free shipping (or $200), standard shipping rates will apply. Alternatively, wines can be held until pre-arrival wines arrive to ship for free.
For questions about shipping or for help placing an order, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchaser and recipient must be over the age of 21 to purchase alcohol.
- An adult 21 years or older must be available to sign for the order upon delivery.
- When your wines are ready to be dispatched from our warehouse in California we will write to confirm your shipping address.
- It is highly recommended that you provide us with a business shipping address for best service.
- Delivery can only be made to an address where an individual at least 21 years old can sign for the shipment during regular business hours.
If you cannot receive your package and it is returned, please note that we cannot cover any re-shipping charges.
Cancellation and Return Policy
- We want you to love the wines your order from us and look forward to wine shipping season. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, please contact us.
- A 15% cancellation/processing fee will be applied to all orders cancelled by the customer.
- Please note that we are unable to accept returns. If you are unhappy with your wine for any reason, please contact us.
Note that wine over 10 years old is not guaranteed in any way.
Have a question? e-mail email@example.com with any questions or concerns!
All wines are sold by Paris Wine Company SARL, 7 rue du Général Guilhem, 75011 Paris France
- Made with Integrity
- Compelling and Memorable